Reasons for Becoming a Member
- Affiliation with the county organization whose members represent the highest type of commercial ethics and workmanship in the field.
- Helping to build customer confidence and trust in you industry.
- Being a part of a trade organization that screens requests for membership and let the public know its standards… an association whose roster is composed of members who are known to “toe the mark” of sincerity and fair dealings.
- Being part of a group which has time and time again demonstrated that it is capable of rendering services not available to the individual alone.
- Taking part in outstanding trade meetings which are educational and profitable.
- Getting to know others in your trade, fostering a greater use of nursery products.
- Taking part in organized actions to advance your own and your industries legitimate interest. Your interests are represented in the Ohio plant pests and diseases law and in quarantine matters through the influence and guidance of the Nursery Growers of Lake County Ohio, Inc.
- Being guarded by an association that constantly takes the interests of members where unfavorable legislation and other matters are concerned.
- Having officers of the Nursery Growers of Lake County Ohio, Inc., who are consulted, and their opinion carries weight on matters related to the Orderly Regulation and Enforcement of necessary trade laws.
- Present a strong voice in state, local, and national legislative matters.
Individuals, Partnerships and corporations engaged in the production and/or sale of nursery stock. The holding of an Ohio Grower’s or Dealer’s license shall be the requirement for this class of membership. This class is also available to registered landscape architects. Active members shall have the right to vote and hold office.
Individuals, Partnerships and corporations engaged in the allied trades and other businesses related to the nursery industry. This class of membership is available to grower’s representatives, salesmen, retired nurserymen and licensed growers and dealers not in Lake County or contiguous counties. Associate members shall have the right to vote and hold office. Only one Associate Member can hold office at any one time.